Often the colder temperatures and the holiday season see more fires in the St Louis area. As we enter the time of year when many homeowners turn to alternative heat sources (such as kerosene or electric portable heaters) and holiday decorations (candles, lights and Christmas trees) monitored smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are critical to protect life and property.
Monitored Carbon Monoxide Detectors
The increased use of alternative heat sources and fire places raise the risk of carbon monoxide gas in your home. This is an odorless colorless gas and many people don’t notice a dangerous leak, until they get very ill. A carbon monoxide detector will alert you to the gas at the first sign of a leak, but having a monitored sensor is important because if you are unable to call for help, the fire department will be alerted and sent to help you.
Fires often start when residents are unaware. Candles are lit and forgotten, electrical outlets become overloaded, and the Christmas tree that can dry out and cause fires. We hope everyone has working smoke detectors in the home. If you are unable to check or install smoke detectors, please contact your local fire department – they usually have programs in place to help people in their jurisdiction get working smoke detectors in their home.
A smoke detector that is monitored outside the home adds a critical layer of safety to your home and family. If a fire starts the smoke detector sounds the alarm letting everyone in the house to evacuate, but monitoring center also calls the fire department. This saves precious time getting help to your home to save lives and preserve property.
Install Monitored Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Contact Butler Durrell Security to install monitored carbon monoxide and smoke detectors in your home.