Make your home a tough target for burglars by staying smart when it comes to security. The local police departments of St. Louis and Chesterfield, MO provide recommendations for homeowners to prevent crime.
- Start or become active in an existing Neighborhood Watch Program.
- Look out for neighbors; call 911 if you see suspicious activity around your home or your neighbors’ home.
- Keep vehicles locked and do not leave garage door openers in your cars that are left outside overnight.
- Install deadbolt locks on doorways leading from your garage to your home and lock them at night.
- Lock all windows and doors when you leave your home, even if you will only be gone for a short time. It is best to keep them locked when you are home too.
- Install quality dead bolt locks with one inch bolt lengths and 3 inch screws that extend into the frame of the house on externals doors of your home.
- Use an alarm system. While no alarm system will make your home 100 percent safe, quality alarm systems are excellent crime deterrents.
Installing a home security system is a good option to protect your home, valuables and sense of personal safety. A security system monitors multiple points of entry into your home including doors and windows. Smartphone controls are also available that allow you to monitor your home and control your security system while you are away. Butler Durrell security experts can evaluate your home and lifestyle, and then make a recommendation for the best security option for you.
Contact Butler Durrell for a quote on a residential security system installed by a professional, DCJS certified technicians. Butler Durrell provides free estimates, extraordinary service and systems, fair pricing and local monitoring.