It’s about that time of year. Children excitedly dress up in costumes and make their way throughout the neighborhood to get a never ending bushel of free candy.
As you and your children are gearing up for Halloween, here are some friendly tips to ensure everyone has a safe and festive evening:
- Make sure an adult goes out with children For older children, plan where they are going, set a return time, and make sure they have a flash light and cell phone
- Stay in safe, well-lit areas; avoid alleys, fields, and cutting through back yards
- Do not have children eating candy until they are home and it is inspected thoroughly
- Reflective tape on costumes are an excellent safety suggestion to keep anyone visible to motorists
- Remember, there is always safety in numbers!
For even more tips, check out Halloween-Safety.com – featuring tips for kids, parents, pets, and even yard safety!